Let's walk it out.....

I hope I can bring a little encouragement to you today.



Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'll Take IT!

"God affectionately permits difficulties that He may develop unceasingly that which He is willing to do for us, and to this end we should not shrink, but if He gives us sorrow and hindrances and losses and afflictions, we should take them out of His hands as evidences of His love and care for us in developing more and more faith which He is seeking to strengthen in us." ~ George Mueller.

Let me tell you what I saw when I read this.  I had a picture of the hands of God, and in them was a gift neatly and beautifully wrapped, just for me.  I understood the gift was the faith I had been asking for, and He was ready to give it freely, just because I had asked.   But at a closer look I realized what covered the faith that was potentially mine was a trial, a hardship that I would endure.  I had a choice.  I could leave the trial alone, ignore it or try to fix it myself and miss out on recieving the gift God had for me or I could take it from His hands get through the wrapping and experience His unending faithfulness and goodness to me.  That's where I recieve the faith to get through the next trial that comes and therefore recieving more faith. 

Its not about trying to muster up enough faith to "pass the test", I believe its about finding His Word to be true and steady.  Do we believe it or not?  Its that simple.  So don't feel that hardship is necessarily a punishment for not having enough faith, the hardship can be where we find it, the very reason you need it.  He loves us enough to get us through if we let Him. 

1 comment:

  1. That is heavy. I know where you get that from.

    ReplyDelete