Let's walk it out.....

I hope I can bring a little encouragement to you today.



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mountain Moved

I was begining to sink into depression.  That's not really a place I like to go, not where I feel comfortable like some, but since my spirit was out of shape that's where I was headed.  I sat in my little corner of life worried about the issues that surrounded me without the courage to move on because I knew these obstacles were bigger than me, more powerful than me, and I didn't have any more energy to fight.

Then, as I sometimes do when I feel overwhelmed, I visited one of my favorite mountaintop friends to retreat from the worries for a couple of days.  I often like to go to sit on that mountain and remind myself how big God is and how easy my problems are for Him. 

On this particular morning I woke up and looked out the window and I saw 3 hot air balloons, nothing unusual to see on a clear Saturday morning; I've seen hundreds of them at a time above me, and I stare in amazement at the heights they can reach while peacefully floating through the air.  But what was different on this day as these balloons were floating across the sky was that instead of looking up I was looking DOWN on them.  What an awesome change of direction.  And it hit me like a big gust of wind deep inside..."I'm changing your perspective." 

What the Lord was telling me was all the things in my life that are bigger than me, things I'm familiar with a certain way that keep me from living the life He purchased for me....well, they will all seem like absolute weaklings in comparison to HIM.  And when I hide myself in Him I can move through any obstacle.  And since then in His faithfulness He has proved it over and over.  I have stepped through walls of fear and dug my way out of a pit of worry.  With Him all things really are possible to him who believe.  So, to me the mountains moved...and that's what Jesus said would happen. (Matthew 17:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment